<tools> which reset tool?

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to order a SI reset tool and wanted to solicit opinions
on the various ones out there:

- - Peake research (~$50 +$20 adapter for dual 15/20 pin compatibility if
needed; available from Peake direct, Imparts, or BMP; US made)

- - unidentified 'Pro' tool (~$110 including 15/20 adapter from Bav Auto,
BMP; european made)

- - FTRS3 ($125 - dual 15/20 socket design on one tool; Technic Tool Supply;
origin unknown)

- - another unidentified tool ($unknown from 'bilcarparts.com'; similar in
design to the FTRS3; origin unknown)

The more expensive ones seem to have a switch for oil or insp reset mode.
Does that make them any more foolproof or easier to use than the 'count the
flashes' method that the Peake tool employs? (but at double the price)

And yes, I am aware of the jumper wire method but I'm not considering that
option.

TIA
Herman
92 318is

PS-anyone know whether the '83 E21 had the SI lights?  The answer may help
sway things.