Bill gets a "wall job"?

>Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:27:09 -0400
>From: Bill Bauman <flewbyu@domain.elided>
>Subject: Super Blue put in by a dealer?!?!
>
>Took my car in for its first Oil Service today, and also asked the dealer
>to do a tech inspection for an upcoming driver's school and to bleed the
>brakes. I had previously bled them myself with Super Blue, but I think I
>got some air into the system.
>
>I picked up the car, and drove about one mile. The brakes still felt
>spongy. Thinking it was my imagination, I pulled over and popped open the
>hood. What to my wondering eyes should appear, but BLUE brake fluid.

Bill,

I'm guessing you got the infamous "WALL JOB", which is when said technician
drives you car, figures the brakes are fine and then parks it by the wall
until you come to fetch it up.  This is not an uncommon occurence.

When you go back - ask the Parts Dept. for Super Blue before you go to
Service.  That will tell you real quick if they have it or not.  I've never
seen a BMW dealer sell it, personally. Or maybe, just maybe .... you got the
VERY LAST CAN in the dealership!! (in my best Jon Lovitz
voice).....yeah....yeah !!!  ....  the last can of Super Blue....that's it!!

Tell 'em you want a full bleed using the fancy-schmancy computer.  That
purges the whole system.

Duane Collie