E34 Replacing Car Stereo

Hi All

I just purchased A good Clarion AM/FM CD radio and would like to replace the
one currently in my 90 525 i , does anyone have an indication of the cars
color coding of the  speakers , power and memory back up  leads coming off
the harness and are the any other issues I need to be aware of?
Does anyone know if this E34 had an amplifier and if so does this need to be
turned on by the radio?

PS The original harness Connector had already been removed before I
purchased the car so it was just the wires left connected.

Thanks for the help , You guys are great!

Desmond