Re: E36 OBC

Goncalo <goncalo.rosado@domain.elided> asks:

> My E36 325 wasn't originally fitted with an OBC, and I'm
> willing to fit it in.
> Can Anyone tell me what parts do I need, and what to do to put
> it in?.

It depends on what is in the car and what you would like to add.  If you
have the BMW outside temperature display, along with a new OBC, you need to
add a connector with 5-6 wires, move 2 wires and code the OBC.  If you want
to control the OBC from the turn stalk, you also need to buy install one of
those. This assumes you want to skip the CODE function (which is easy to
defeat) and you don't want to add check control or park ventilation.

I wouldn't attempt the job unless you are skillful at and comfortable with
modifying your car's electrical harnesses.  It also helps to have a friendly
dealer as they have the contacts and connector bits you need in one of their
in-house repair kits.  You also need to use the DIS computer for a few
minutes.

I have written instructions which I can send to any who want a copy.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided  *** New e-mail address! ***