<e28> shimmie - more thoughts

a few digests ago I posted about my (cars) shimmie problem. I got a
lot of great responses, thanks all.

The I got to thinking (uh-oh)

When I got my car (at 200kmiles) it had very bad front wobble, two
shops on two occasions fixed different things (all front suspension
stuff), and it got better each time.

Then I notices a slight 'drift' to the right. A friend in the business
suggested I get the 'strut bent a little' to correct the problem.

Then I (a local tire shop) discovered two bent rims, was one on the
right front? See where I'm going.

It now seems likely that I have a bent strut on the front right,
causing a *slight* drift to the right, and a shimmie @ 50 mph, etc.
Does this seem out of line? The previous owner said he replaced all
with Bilstein gas. Can I just get one? two? or match the whole set
(ouch!) of four?

Reid Maynard
1987 535is 245Kmiles