snow tires

Ron queried:

I'm looking for opinions from anyone with an M3 (who has used snow's, and
what brand.  I plan on having them mounted to a second set of alloys, or
steel if possible.

=========================

this seems to come up every fall, here's my .02 again:

Try some Pirelli Winter 210's.   I think they are fabulous and make the M3
an easy daily driver in winter.   ('course the 4" of  ground clearance in
front makes you a good snow plow when the snow is deeper than that  ;-).
In two Denver winters I've never had to filch the spousal unit's LandCrusher
to get to work <g>.  altho I did miss two blizzards being out of town, heh
heh heh. . . .

Some recommend 16" wheels.  I think the 17" wheels (mine are the factory
alloys) work just fine.

Blizzaks are *way* too squirrely and soft on dry roads to use unless you're
on snow every day, IMHO.  I chewed thru 4 of them on a Q45 in months. . . .

good luck!

Keith
95 M3  <--safely can drive faster on packed snow and ice than the ubiquitous
SUV's around these parts