<E23> Coolant leak

Hi Everybody,

My mother-in-law has an '85 735i that has been leaking coolant when she
parks facing downhill.  It doesn't seem to leak when she's parked on a
flat surface.  I took a look to see where it was coming from.  I can see
the coolant pooling up above the oil filter towards the front of the
engine on the drivers side.  I felt around all the hoses and didn't feel
anything leaking from the hoses.  Is it possibly coming from a cracked
head gasket, or something a little less costly to fix?  Any ideas would
be appreciated.

Thanks
- --David Boyd, boydd@domain.elided
'84 325e 200k
BMW CCA
BMW ACA

They're coming to take me away, ha ha, hee hee, ho ho.