Help!!!! Save Evans Farm Inn! Yes it's on topic---O'fest '96

Hello all!

It's been an age since I've posted to the List.  Somehow I stopped getting it
(switch of server or something?) and I've been swamped with work.

Let me get right to the point.  Evans Farm Inn of McLean, VA is facing
possible destruction.  The Evans family has entered into a contract with a
local developer, West*Group. West*Group is planning on building over 150
townhouses on the property.  As of now the county is considering buying the
property and making it into a park--but there is very fledging support for
this idea right now--mostly because West*Group has been working behind closed
doors to excute this plan of theirs.

Back in '96 the National Chapter held some of Oktoberfest at Evan's Farm Inn
and from what I recall reading in the Roundel everyone loved it.

I am trying to help the Save Evans Farm Inn Coalition by organizing a car
raffle just like our annual raffle.  Right now (and I do mean now) I'm working
on drafting a written proposal but it's sketchy at best right now.  Tomorrow
I'm hoping to find someone at the National office to help me with rules.

What I'm hoping for right now is for everyone here to be aware of the
situation and spread the word as it were.  If you are a local resident please
investigate the web site at http://www.saveevansfarm.org.

Tentatively my hope is to sell $25.00 tickets, 2500 to a car and I'm pushing
for an M Coupe for the car on location.

I'm open to suggestions, preferably for 1st and 2nd prizes if any.

Thank you for your time/bandwith--I promise my next post will have concrete
information about this raffle--hopefully tomorrow night!  =)  Also, thank you
all for all the great help over the past year or so regarding my wagon!

Sincerely,

Ben Waite  PCNA & BMW CCA #129084
'93 525ia Touring w/Jim C. '95 euro M5 rear sway bar, and MKs (WooHoo!)
'87 505 STX

P.S. Please email me directly about this issue and again I apologize to those
who think this is off topic.