Radio noise (whine) question

I have a whine in the radio of my '91 E34 525i. It is a high pitched
whine that rises with RPM. I have traced it to the antenna connection
(disconect the antenna and it goes away). The preplexing part: it does
not increase with the volume, is no different from FM to AM, and it
whines when the tape is in. Remove the antenna connection with the tape
going and the whine stops. I have looked for the antenna amplifier in
vain. Anyone know where this beast is so I try to stop the whine? Any
suggestions of what to try? (I have tried filtering the power supply at
the fuse - no change)

Thanks In Advance,
Andre Pollard
New BMW CCA member looking forward to Roundel!