brake dust staining wheels??

hi

i just recently installed PBR deluxe on my 325i, i'm happy with the light
layer of dust that it produces compared to the factory pads. BUT while i was
washing my car, i noticed that my wheels have been stained by some substance
very similar to the color of the brake dust that's been produced. i even
tried to scrub it off using a toothbrush and it still doesn't come off. i
was reluctant to use some kind of solution on the wheels cause i'm afraid it
might take off the clearcoat and/or change the color of the wheels.
i'm suspecting that it's the dusts that the pads are producing. has that
happened to anyone?? am i able to get those stains off of my wheels?? or
should i switch to another brand of brake pads?? is there other option to
get the stains off??

any suggestion would help.

thanks

paul