<E30> Engine Question / Vaccum Leak

I remember asking this question on the bcg and I  got a reply that
asked me to check my air intake boots but I have unfortunately
lost the reply since it was a while back. My car, an '86 325 will
make a slight sucking sound when the accelerator is depressed. It
does this for a split second before picking up. Yesterday I had a
chance to take it on its first major voyage, on some steep hills and
in climbing gear you could hear a seemingly sucking sound as you
step on the gas, the engine responds well and when stationary
when you  play around with the throttle you can feel the slight lag.
Today, I had a chance to look at the engine, I found that the ribbed
short connecting rubber(?) pipe that is between the throttle butterfly
and the airflow meter has a crack on it where it joins the intake
housing that has the throttle. My question could this the cause of the
sucking sound ?  I found that its pretty hard to tell where the sound
was coming from exactly. Would this result in significant loss of
hp ? I haven't felt any major loss, except when I need instant
acceleration like making a fast take off. I'm going to replace the hose
and just want to be sure that this might be the reason for the leak.
Any ideas what the replacement hose might cost ? Thanks for your
answers

Mike
'86 325 166K+