<e28> shimmie revised

Thanks Christopher & Curt, for all, here is some additional
information as my first post left it out.

The 1987 535isA has 245,000 miles

symptoms: noticable mild but anoying steering wheel shimmie between
indicated 45-55mph. Above 80 also get s mild teeth rattling [very
smooth roads].

replaced: (@200k)new centerlink, both inner tie rod ends and both
trailing arm bushings (all on front end). (@220k)All new rotors/pads;
Four new firestone tires and two new wheels after they found them
bent, ballanced.

Stock except for Mille Miguel(sp?) 16x7.5 wheels with some firestone
205/55 tire. It had nicer directional tires but in an effort to find
the shimmie I bought the cheapest NEW non-directional tires which
would fit.

All replaced items seemed to help, but it still shimmies, especially
when cold; most of the time shimmie is reduced by 1/3 once it warms
up?  Sometimes seems to go away alltogether after driving for awhile.
This is why I suspected a tire/wheel problem.

So I had the tires rotated and ballanced just a week ago, technican
said all wheels were straight, I specifically asked going in.

Again, I could feel the difference, but 95% of shimmie is still there.

Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone?

Reid Maynard