Newbie Auto-X Questions

Greetings digesters and enthusiasts.  I've been reading the digest for a few
months now, hoping to learn the ways of bimwad-dom through the knowledge and
wisdom of this group.  I always find it informative and a thoroughly good read.
 I've been the owner of various 3 series cars for years (since I was 17, a
325e, a 325is and an M3), though I've only recently taken the last step into
true enthusiasm... taking my car into timed competition.

As much as I've learned though, I've still got a bevy of basic newbie questions
for the track veterans out there.

I'm taking my '95 M3 to a driver's school next month, and an autocross the
following day.  It's a regular SCCA Solo II event; a big 'ol parking lot full
of cones.  Right now, the car is completely stock, build date is 9/95 (must
have been one of the last '95s built) and it has a hair over 20k on the odo.
 I'm expecting to BL/SS the car before the end of the month, and I'm also
thinking about 'sharking' and bracing it.

TIRES and SUCH DEPT.
The big question is tires.  The car's got a set of very recent Pirelli P7000
Super Sports on stock Double Spoke I rims.  Would anyone advise me to get a set
of purpose tires for autocross use?  I'm mostly worried about tearing the
Pirellis up, rather than getting an extra 2 seconds (plenty of guys at the
local chapter would tear me a new one anyway)  I do plan on driving pretty
hard.  If so, which tires are considered the best for autocross use?

MODS DEPT.
While I'm putting 'Elsa', my beloved Cosmoschwartz fraulien in the shop, are
there any other (basic) modifications worth considering?  I'd like to stay in
Street Stock class, so I guess forced-induction is out huh? :-)  The air filter
debate ---has that been settled?

CLUE-LESS NEWBIE DEPT.
Are there any pre-event preparations I should administer?

Any other advice to the aspirating club racer?

ALLOY WHEEL REPAIR AND GOOD HOTEL DEPT.
Also, I'm getting my rims (the aforementioned Double Spoke Is) re-finished and
 polished at RennSport in the Atlanta area, who specializes in alloy repairs.
 Has anyone had their wheels worked on there?  If so, were you satisfied with
the outcome?  While I'm in Atlanta, I'm attending BMW's Ultimate Driving
Experience --and finally drive the E46 everyone's carping about.  Can any
hot-lanta residents recommend a good hotel?

MISC. DIGEST DEPT.
Finally, I've heard there is an E36 3-Series and M3 digest... how can I get
them?

MUCH THANKS DEPT.
Thanks a bunch!

Mike Chiang