Subject: [E36M3] strut/shock bearings
Author:  "Gary A. Preece" <gapreece@domain.elided>  at INTERNET
Date:    9/12/98 11:41 AM

Hey gang,

I took my 95 M3 to the shop on Friday and the sevice manager called to say
that while they were putting on the H&R spring and the Bilstein
shocks/struts that they needed to replace the strut and shock bearings. He
quoted me $160.00 ea. for the front and $60.00 for the rear. Is this about
right or too high? I am pretty sure that they did need to be replaced due to
the messed up springs and shocks. I just don't know if I am being ripped
off. Are these parts the same ones that are in the BMP catalog for $96 and
$12?

Thanks,

Gary Preece (BMWCCA #158110)

P.S. The prices I was quoted was for the parts only. They won't get the
parts until Monday afternoon.