E39, disassembling for stereo upgrade

I posted to this mailing list before about gaining access to the 12
speakers in the vehicle ('98 E39), and someone was kind enough to mail me
step by step instructions.. unfortunately I've lost that message and could
really use the information again!

Frankly I'm not sure where to begin with taking the trimming off the
doors, or gaining access to the 6x9 speakers in the rear..

Really this all stems from not having access to a workshop manual for this
series vehicle.. I know many of us wish that could change :)

- - lv