Summit Point FATT

Hey Gang,

It was an interesting day at the Summit Point, W.Va. FATT (Fri at the track)
yesterday.  The weather was perfect, the event was run very smoothly, and I've
finally met some great people from the list.  The instructors were first
class!  I was surprised at the number of Corvettes and Porsches.  I only
counted 7 Bimmers (4 M3's, 328is, 325is, 525i)  Unfortunately, very early in
the day a '98 M3/4 lost control on turn 4 and rolled.  Luckily no one was
hurt, but the car was totaled.  There was one more spectacular Corvette spin-
out after turn 10 and a Ruf Porsche 911 losing brakes (or braking too late) on
turn 1 and sliding into the skid pad...  (I was on the skidpad at the time :)

Personally, I was able to test my new M3 suspension.  Wow, what a difference!
Now if I could only figure out how to improve my braking power...  my ABS was
kicking in all the time...  Perhaps I need R1's?

Anyway, it was great to see you all.  See you all next time!

Rob Mudry
'96 328is (M3 wheels/suspension/exhaust)