Re: Subject Changed: Eurasian Automotive

A handful of postings were made to the digest coincidentally almost
exactly a year ago regarding experiences with Eurasian.  Of 8 messages I
noticed, 4 were completely positive while 4 were totally negative.  With
a lowly (admittedly unscientific) 50% customer satisfaction indicator,
why risk your time and money on a problematic supplier?  There's a lot
of fine BMW parts retailers out there to choose from but Eurasian
obviously isn't one of them.

D.A. Smith
Indianapolis

     >Eurasian Automotive seems to have the lowest parts prices around.
     >They regularly run full page ads in the Roundel.  They're in
     >Temecula, California but I'm not certain what county that's in.
But
     >don't waste your time buying from them.  I bought parts from them
for
     >years with no problem, but it seems they're business has grown to
the
     >point where customer service is not a priority.  Recent orders
have
     >always taken longer than promised and sometimes included wrong
items.
     >Its been 9 months since I returned a heater valve which they
     >confirmed receiving and repeatedly promised a refund.  I'm still
     >waiting for the refund.  To sum it up, DON'T buy from Eurasian!

     >D.A. Smith
     >Indianapolis

     Disclaimer
     I'm not refuting anything D.A. has written and I have no
relationship
     with Eurasion (other than being a customer)- just adding my $.02

     I have placed three orders with them in the last 3 weeks all with
     positive results.  I'd like to use my local dealer,  but it takes
them
     literally 10 minutes to run around and look up the part numbers,
type
     them into the computer and then tell me the parts aren't in stock
and
     they aren't on order.
      Each time I have called Eurasian I have gotten a saleperson within
4
    rings,  I give him the year and model,  the parts I want,  he makes
    informed suggestions about other parts I'll need (those small things
you     always forget like that extra o-ring,  special hose clamp or
lock
     nut) and that's it.  Great prices,  all OE stuff.
      (All orders shipped to Iowa)
     First Order:  E34- oil filters, air filter, fuel filters, plugs,
etc.
        All in stock.
        Ordered on Wednesday, asked for 2-day ship,  here on Friday.

     Second Order: E30-  OE Rear Muffler, E34- reset tool.
        All In Stock.
        Ordered Monday, regular shipping,  here on Thursday.

     Third Order: E30- Muffler Hanging kit,  E34- Microfilter
        All In Stock.
        (I was optimistic about reusing the hanging brackets
           from the old one- but, I had to destroy them to get them off.
Of
           course I went to my local dealer to get a hanging kit-  out
of 4
           brackets, 3 bolts, 7 locknuts, 2 rubber hangers and a gasket
           needed to hang the muffler my dealer had one 16 cent nut in
           stock and nothing on order).
        Ordered on Monday, regular shipping.  They didn't arrive on
     Thursday so I called to make sure they were shipped.  Eurasian told
me
     that they had lost power on Monday and Tuesday.  But,  they had
     upgraded my order to 2nd day air and shipped on Wednesday.
        Sure enough, package arrived Friday morning.

     Fourth Order (Pending):  E30- Fuel Transfer Pump
         Ordered yesterday, they said 5 were in stock.
         $77 versus dealer $130 (dealer doesn't have it in stock).

     Maybe the 4th order is where they burn you :)
     Again,  just my $.02

     Jeff Sailors
     '86 325e 172K,  alot of new parts
     '95 540iA 55K,  no new engine yet