Re:Cruise control recall

Thought I'd emerge from the lurking depths.

The recall notice is Campaign 97V-131.  "Outer Housing of Cruise Control
Cables may become loose - E31, E32, E34, E36, E38 models.  Breakage of the
plastic bushing at the adjusting screw near the throttle housing.  Inspect
and/or modify cables per bulletin instructions."

Basically they replace plastic cable clips with metal ones.  Literally took
less than 15 mintues.

John
'95 325i

>>   I've just got a recall notice from BMW NA.  Its somthing to do with
>>     the cruise control on most E36 3 series.  I don't have the recall #
>>     with me in the office but I think you can find that out from your
>>     local dealer.

********------------------------------------------------------------********
*
John Riganati			Office - 	(410)897-4702
Mgr. UNIX Integration		Fax -	(410)897-4402
USinternetworking, Inc		Mobile -	(410)320-5265

mailto:john.riganati@domain.elided
http://www.usinternetworking.com

	If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
		baffle them with bulls*$&
*