From: "dave.nichols" <dave.nichols@domain.elided>
Subject: Fog lights

Two incidents happened this evening that inspired
me to send this message. Here is the situation.
Tonight was a clear
moonlight evening with great visibility.  This
being the case, why did I see
at least 15 cars with their foglights on during my
30 minute commute home?
What are these people thinking?  The two worse
cases involved a kid in a
Ford Probe that was using just the yellow, tiny
foglights as the only
illumination on the entire vehicle.  No
headlights, no taillights, no side
markers, just two dimly lit, yellow, pools of
lights, and to top it off,
they were at the bottom of the front spoiler, only
about 3 inches off the
ground.  He probably thought this was cool, but
it's dangerous, stupid and
makes one consider social Darwinism.