Too Good To Be True

Last week after some aggressive driving the Electronic Shift failure light
came on in my E24 Auto, I restarted the car & it turned off & drove fine...
EXCEPT... Now the car shifts very smoothly, it does not appear to be slipping
but is very smooth, I've had the car for several years & it has always shifted
very harshly....Is this a sign that it is about to go out? I have driven about
150 miles since? If anyone out there has an Auto E24, I'd love to know how
your shift.... I've spoken to my Mechanic & he had no experience with this...?
Any Ideas...

Lee

88' 635CSI 153K - Sharked & Smooth.