Re: Price of E53 SUV (aka BMW truck) <wob>

George, if you can tell me what they're actually gonna call the thing, I can
probably give you a price estimate, plus or minus about $10K US.

>Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:33:02 -0500
>From: "George" <sdg2@domain.elided>
>Subject: E53 SUV (aka BMW truck)
>
>does anyone know what this marvelous piece of engineering is going to
>retail for?
>
>George
>'97 ///M3 sedan

Using the Ed Neves Theory of BMW Pricing, take the first numeric digit of
the model ID and multiply by $10K.  Surprisingly, it works, at least in the
U.S.

Examples:

3 Series - 3 x $10K = $30K.  Actual prices range from mid $20Ks to over
$40K, but the average is right about $30K, or a little more.

5 Series - 5 x $10K = $50K.  Actual prices range from about $40K for a
528i to about $60K for some 540i versions.

Ed Neves discovererd this when the 850i was introduced.  He asked
how much it cost, I said about $80K, give or take, and he said, "I knew it!"

Now, if they're actually gonna call it the Sport Activity Vehicle (BMW's
name for it, not mine) instead of giving it a number (like maybe the 9
Series?), then we'll have to develop a new theory.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977