Preparing <E30 M3> for drivers school

I am getting my car ready for drivers school at Mid-Ohio.  I just had a few
questions:

 1.  Has anyone made their own brake duct kit, I am going to buy the duct
openings from Pegasus and also the hose that is necessary.  Are there any
tips on what or what not to do when doing this??- or what else to get, I
know that I will need to fancy up some backing plates of some sort, any
ideas.

 2.  Considering 3 different kinds of brake pads:  Hawk, Ferodo,
Performance Friction. I would like a compound that is streetable,  the PF Z
rated are said to be "Agressive street driving, and race worthy" are these
pads any good??

If there is any thing else that I should be doing please let me know.  I
also am going to change my brake fluid to ATE Super Blue. I am looking
forward to this event, as it is on my 18th birthday-finally of age to go to
drivers school...:-).  Any help is appreciated

TIA

Charley
88 M3