Re: <E36> Driving school prep.

Rob writes:

> In preparation for the driving school this coming Friday, I have the option
> of either keeping my current brake pads (brand new Repco/PBR deluxe) or
> switching back to original stock Pagid pads (half worn).  Would it be worth
> my time and effort to do this or should I just run the Repco/PBR's.  Also,
> how fresh is the brake fluid supposed to be?  How many months old max?  I'm
> running Racing Blue which is couple of months old.

Get those Deluxes out of there before you go.  It took me only about 3
laps at Summit Point to experience fade with Metal Manglers which (I
think) have a higher tolerance for heat.

The fluid should be okay if it really is only a couple of months (3
months is my personal max for track use) but even fresh fluid will boil
in short order if you leave the Deluxes in.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL