Re:Street Racing (and dumping on non-BMW drivers)

This has been very amusing to watch.  Whoever the powers that be are,
please don't call an end to this.  Here's my $0.02 on the matter.  Yes,
I'm sure it's a nice feeling to blow someone away at the line.  However,
I personally don't feel the need to kick up dirt into someone's
windshield while burning up rubber on asphalt.  Especially since I have
a 323iC and I'm probably not going to beat most 4-cylinders off the line
with that thing.  That's not to say that those who do enjoy the rush of
street racing are wrong.  It's just my personal opinion.  But the
satisfaction I get is when I take that baby on the curvy back roads and
let it do its thing.  I've had my car for two months and have fallen in
love with the way it just sticks to roads and gives me every bit of
confidence to take each turn with the pedal floored without worrying
about skidding out into the woods.  If my 323iC can handle like that, I
can only imagine what the M3 can do.  Maybe some day I'll get the
privilege to find out for myself.  Maybe it's cause I'm not a big racing
buff like a lot of you out there, but to me, handling is so much more
satisfying and fun than straight line speed.  Besides, in DC traffic,
straight line speed does nothing but get you stuck in rush hour traffic
that much sooner.  Just my opinion on the matter.  BTW, Carlos, I found
your comment about the Fisher Price buttons hilarious.  I noticed the
same thing when I rented a GM car a couple of years ago.

Sung Shin
'98 323iC - how did I ever get along without my Bimmer?