E28 Exhaust

I've noticed the exhaust rumble in my 86 535i 5sp has gotten louder, and
have located a hole/crack in the pipe (where the manifold meets the first
series of baffles/cat converters). It looks like it finally rusted through.
The rest of the exhaust seems fine, including the muffler. It only gets
really loud after a long highway trip.

Any thoughts on repairing or replacing? I understand the replacement can
get spendy. I'm not looking for a hi perf. replacement, just something to
quiet it down. This E28 is a driver.

Thanks in advance.

- -Dave Green