Re: 5 series input

Dear all,

George (axes@domain.elided) writes:

> 1988 is the last year of the classic E28 platform, including 535i/535is.
> The "s" configuration denotes Sport, and includes a beefier
> suspension, sportier seats, etc.  My '88 535i has power everything
> (including sunroof). The E34 platform 5-series was introduced in '89,
> and is no longer the "new body style", with the introduction of the E39
> platform in '97.

George and everyone,

this figures are indeed right for the US. But you may like to know that
European introduction of the E34 was late 1987 or thereabouts (UK
deliveries started early 1988). An '88 535i is just as likely to be an E34
as an E28 in these parts, which may help clear up any confusion amongst 5er
fans based in Europe, so with any advert that does not specify the body
style, check with the owner.

Cheers

Andrew T
'95 318is.