E34 SI Board- Battery repalcement

Hello fellow digesters..
 This subject has probably been beaten to death but I need a bit of help. I
am finally getting around to replace the batteries in the SI board on my
'90 525 E34 but can't quite figure out how to get the board off or out of
the back cover. I had no problemo getting the cluser out and apart...  but
the PCB looks like it is held in by 8 or so melted (and squished) tabs that
hold it to the back cover. Steps on how to remove the board without
destroying the back cover will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

B. Yakamovich
'90-525i  Just Stock.... but who knows what the future will bring.