'90 325i?

My S.O. has been looking at a '90 325i w/ 100K.  This car appears to
be in very good condition and drives smooth as silk despite its age
and mileage.  The price has been widdled down to $6,500.

Can anyone advise to the E30's weaknesses?  What are the essential
fixes she should insist upon before buying this car?  I didn't see a
timing belt sticker under the hood and the exhaust is beginning to
show a bit of rust perforation.  How pricey are these repairs?

Private replies would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Perry
'98 328is