Re: <E36> rear seat creak

Eric,

> My 9-month old '98 M3 sedan has developed a persistent and annoying
> squeaking or creaking coming from the left rear back seat. Whenever the
> Has anyone had a similar problem or any
> suggestions to offer when I go in for round #3?

Welcome to the club. I had a 328is that never squeaked, and I now own a M3
that squeaks like crazy. My brother in CA said he had the problem on his
328i and M3. The dealer fixed the M3 by replacing the latch and adjusted
it. I told two dealers this (and to call his dealer) and both just put
felt or shrink tubing on the metal latch. This works sort of but when it
is humid out it still squeaks. The leather treatment did work (for me) for
about a week.

Supposedly, BMW NA has a fix, which involves adjusting the latch but I
cannot get a dealer to find it.

I too want mine fixed correctly. So, please let me know what your dealer
eventually does to resolve this.

Thanks,

 Stephen Lafredo - 3.2 M3             email: slafredo@domain.elided

 BMW CCA DVC, NCC and NJC