5 series input

My father is aiming to buy a '87-'89 535.  He lives in Durango, CO is is
especially interested in a limited slip diff.
I own a '90 325is and he is wondering if the s package entails the same
bonuses as mine, auto sunroof, Recaros, LS.
He is also looking for any pluses or minuses to the different years.  He
will be a first time BMW owner and is not sure about all of the details of
these years.  I gave him an idea, but he wants full information and input
from those that have experienced them.
He is not interested in the new body style due to $, but is not sure which
year they started.
Any and all input would be tremendously appreciated by both of us,
particularly from those of you who own, or have owned these models,
Many thanks.
Josh Murray