[E36M3] Replace just the lousy low-beam lenses?

I am really unhappy with the low beam pattern on my '98 M3/4.  There's too
much light focused on two small areas, rather than a nice even broad pattern
(like on our '98 Volvo).  Yes, I've checked (and reset) the alignment of the
headlights several times.

I see ads for replacement Euro headlights for this car, but I'm wondering if
it's possible to simply swap the lenses on the low beams with those from a
Euro E36, which I'm assuming has a better beam pattern.

Seems like a $50 option (if it's possible) instead of the $400 or so wanted
for Euro headlight assemblies.

Thanks for any confirmations or ideas.

John

John Huang