<E30>re: M3 Cecotto

Hi,

<snip>
> "1989 M3, Johnny Ceccoto series, 25K miles, black int/ext, in storage,
> bought/shipped from Germany, all books, papers, DOT certification, not a
> grey auto.  Immaculate and in excellent condition.  Offers above $50K or
> trade for new M3 or 5 series.  828-586-9124."
>
> What is a Johnny Ceccoto series, and would anybody really be willing to
pay
> $50K for this thing?
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Buchanan
> Charlotte, NC
> '87 535is
<snip>

After a brief research through my small BMW library, I dug out a brief
article on the E30 M3 Cecotto special editions. They were built from April
to July 1989 with a 238bhp, 2.5 litre catalysed engine (25 4s 1). This is
the Evolution III model with all the goodies that go withit.. Sold only in
Europe and in very limited numbers. RARE! It was only available in Nogaro
silver with matching cam cover and airbox.
limited run I'd give it a high value. Now $50 big ones is alot of money but
I guess that depends on your point of view.
If anyone else has info, please add to this. I'd be interested.

Rob Yap
94 E36 M50tu