Street Racing (more!)

>From: "Andrew D.Mendez"
>Subject: street racing

>I also disapprove of idiots pulling up next to me & revving their
>engines at every stoplight & pointing down thestreet when I'm driving
>back from the grocerystore with my girlfriend.

Plays hell with the eggs in the trunk, doesn't it? I always ask myself
before tipping into the throttle on one of these occurences - "Well now,
didja want sunnyside up for breakfast or are ya willing to settle for an
omlette?"

>Empirically, most of these guys I have encountered are driving Firebirds,
Mustang GTs or >Camaros (with a few small Hondas with absurdly-large VTEC
graphics on the rear quarter panel >thrown in for good measure). This is
really annoying. I admit the generalization against  >Mustang & Camaro
drivers was ill-advised...

Hey Andrew, if the shoe fits....call 'em as ya see 'em. IT'S TRUE.

Personally, I discovered that by adding a B&B Triflo and a TC Kline roll
bar with big RED Schroth competiton harnesses in the M3, all these
stoplight racers stopped cold in challenging me. Turner's LTW flywheel
gives the car a lopy idle, which to everyone else seems like a big cam in
the car.

Now they simply give me the hairy eyeball and you can see them thinking
"Now...whaddya suppose he's got in that BMW?"  Fear of losing keeps them at
bay (shhhhh....truth be told the Z28'ss could eat my lunch at the drags). I
simply act disinterested and motor away - unless its a Ferrari
<grin>....then all bets are off.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/PFest
National Capital Chapter