Re: BMW Canada response to CD-ROM price e-mail

>>A BMW Canada rep said:
>>...market of only 30 million consumers with
>>considerably less per capita disposable income than
>>in the US, all lead to higher prices up here

Because people in Canada make less, we have to charge more. Right.

>"Edward R. Walker" <erwalker@domain.elided> wrote:
>While most of what is said is true, I do not believe
>that it justifies a price of approx. double that in
>the US.

The modern business world is filled with many such absurdities. I can
call my local BMW Dealer parts department and mailorder stuff for
20-30% off list. But if I physically go there, I'd pay retail for the
same part off the same shelf sold by the same guy.

Derek (92 525i E34, Atlanta GA)