Erratic Headlights

Hello everyone.

I am assembling a 1982 733i after a long refurbishment.

Most of the electrics work but I am having a problem with the headlights.
When I turn the headlights on low beam, I only get the driver side low beam.
When I turn the headlights on high beam, I only get the driver side low
beam and passenger side high beam.
The turn signals work fine. Hazard, signals when required on both sides,
rear lights, brakes and headlight bulbs all work. the headlight lights work
when switched into the working curcuit. All contacts have been sanded.

Please help. I'm stumped.
Michael Parker
michaelp@domain.elided