<E36> Door rattles...

Greetings again!

    Since everyone has been cool to me about asking all these questions,
I'd thought I would actually try to be beneficial.. here goes..

Was tracking down some rattling noises coming from the door when you
close it, sounded nasty.  So I took off the door panel, everything was fit
and
tight as would be expected.  Look at the well and hell, theres some kinda
rubber thing with felt like material <I guess it's felt>, looks like they
grab onto
something.  Was closing the door and found that the window when rolled down
all the way, was hitting the metal guide railing.  And well looky that, the
rubber
felt thing fit perfectly, protecting the glass with it's felt tips and no
more rattles!
But more importantly, I can see where the glass had started to become shaven
near the tint, glad I found it when I did..

Did the same thing to the other side, but it hadn't fallen off yet.  Funky
design
if you ask me, but then again, this was the hubble year vehicle..  ahh, what
stupid car...  =)

- -michael wood
'92 325iA