'02 Engine

Now I'm really involved with my '02. Hopefully someone with some engine
experience can help me out.

I finaly opened up my spare engine (all castings say '74, but it's out
of a '75), and I must say it looks really good. Whoever owned it before
me, did regular oil changes etc. Coolant was very clean, very little
sludge. Head looks good, but I'll have it tanked and maybe have the
guides replaced.

I noticed that there are valve guides and valve seals in some of the
parts lists. Do I need to get both or just the seals?

My next question is about the block. Inside the bores, about halfway
down, I can feel and see ridges in the bores. Other than that, the
cylinders are smooth, I can't feel the difference in the "no wear" area
at the tops of the bores. Am I looking at just honing, or are we talking
boring it out and buying new pistons? (any recommendations on pistons?)

This engine is just to be put into the car untill I can afford to
rebuild the original engine, or do the S14 conversion, so cost is a big
issue.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Joel
- --