Gearbox Drippings / Leaks 325i

Patrick_Dwyer wrote:
The
machanic
who loked at it said that he has never seen a 325i that didn't drip some
oil from the gearbox.
He told me it would be expensive to fix, so I'll live with it, unless
someone here has any tips.

Likely this leak is from the shift shft seal and the rear output shaft seal
on the transmission. They are not to difficult nor expensive to repair.
The hazzard of leaving this leak alone is that the greatest amount of
leakage is going to occur while driving , and one has no easy way to check
the transmission fluid level.
You could run the transmission low on fluid and have greater problems.

My guess is that you have a mechanic that doesn't enjoy this job!

Bubba ///M