Rotary engines!

Hello all,

 Two things:

 One: How the heck did I end up in a Bimmer?

 Simple! My folks back home told me not to buy a BMW!
 I owned an Opel Kadett at that time, drove it too hard
 during my holiday to Hungary. I didn't know what to
 buy next, but I went to look for a Rover 3500 VanDenPlas
 (V8 gasguzzler) I kinda liked it, and took my wife to see
 it. She immediately threw up, and told me if I would buy
 that car she would leave me! I was kinda puzzled, was was
 wrong with this car? She said: "the color, idiot, it is golden!,
 looks like a real pimp car!" Hmm never noticed the color, I was
 more interested in the inside and the engine! Well the salesman
 knew we really needed a new car and that in the back there was
also a black BMW,  maybe we should look at that one, it was
 the same size as the Rover(as if size matters, ha!) We went to
 the backyard and there I say this beautiful antrazsite<SP?>
 BMW. as it turned out a 732i! I was immediately hooked, but
 still consulted my father (20 years in the car business ) and
 some 'friends' they all told me I was crazy, that I could never
 afford such a car that I would spend a fortune to keep it.
 And that decided the case I bought it! It costed 3300 US$.
 I still drive those E23's, and as long as it is possible I will
 keep driving them!

 Two:
 "Steve D'Gerolamo" <steved3@domain.elided> wrote:
>Another idea - why doesn't a rotary engine work as a gyroscope in a
car?
>I have strong reasons to suspect it does but the effect is dampened by
the
>mass of the car.  Probably why nobody ever built a rotary motorcycle.
Left
>turn -> BONK!

 Wrong there boy! In the eighties there was a motorcycle with a rotary
engine!
 The 'Van Veen' is was called, I still have the magazine at home with
the
 test-drive in it. conclusion: One of the best motorcycles (at that
time).

GH/HH/GS

 Me NoSo

 '84 E23/M102 758i BFH