<E30 M3> control arm replacement

hello all

does anyone know how long it should take to change out the control
arms and bushings per side at a shop.  is this information published
anywhere that i could use as a resource.

my mechanic charged me 2.61 hrs per side for control arms and
bushings, 3 hrs for driverside rear bearings, and .5 hrs for reverse
light switch.  these numbers seemed a bit high but i can't really
argue with the mechanic with out verifiable numbers to compare to.  i
did call other shops and dealerships they all quoted about 6 hrs total
but he wouldn't budge.  should alignment have been included in the
work? the steering is way off.  i know now that i should have gone
somewhere else but is there anything i can do?

any help is appreciated

==
Jurgen P Gluhr

Sigma Chi Fraternity       gluhrj@domain.elided