Re: Gyro Stabilizers

Steve D'G asks about gyro stabilizing a race car.

Steve:

It has been decades since I took physics, but as I remember, a gyroscope
resists changes in its inertia in both planes.  That is, if it resists the
car leaning, it also tries to keep it driving in a straight line.

It is very well to have something try to keep you from leaning, but quite
another to have it try to keep you from turning in at the apex<g>.

I suspect that this one will not be seen anytime soon.

Keith Wollenberg
Golden Gate