Re: I feel much better now <WOB>

Look,

I realy do not CARE about the issues and flames of other lists, so please
keep them off this one.

How I got my BMW:

owned a bunch of cars over the years... 2 Triumph TR4s, MGB/GT, 49 Ford
Coupe, 39 Pontiac, 63 T-Bird, 60 Rambler Classic (ok, ok, but the seats
folded down into a bed and I was young), 69 Mustang fastback (factory 351 C,
4spd), 64 International Harvester P/U, 64 Chev Belair, and on, and on.......
until I had a Mazda 626.  It hurt.   I mean physically it hurt to sit in for
extended times.  I looked at my wife and stated that at this point in my
life, I was not interested in a dependable transportation device that hurt
to use.  A very close friend had just purchased a euro Merc coupe and I
admired how much value, comfort and performance a big Deutsch sled provided
for relative peanuts.  Seemed that I could get into something very nice for
a reasonable price!  So I started reading ads without any real focus and
stumbled across one for something called a 745i.  This was in 1992.  The guy
was asking $10K and that was inside my window, so I called my mechanic
(Glen)and asked about the car.  He immediately told me to forget it because
it was a euro unit, blah, blah, and in the background I heard another
mechanic (Jimmy)stop and and ask "what kind of car was that?"  Glen told him
and then put me on hold... he got back on and said something like: "Well, I
guess I am mistaken about this car... Jimmy said that if you did not pick it
up, he would and he is THE MAN when it comes to these cars"  Seems Jimmy had
some BMW training and had worked on 745s back in NY in the 80s and had a big
passion for them.

I bought it.  Best dang car (born in Houston y'all) I ever rode!

Jan Nelson
83 745i
82 745i (traded a computer for this one)