[e36] right rear suspension rattle

Hi all.

Are any of you familiar with this symptom? It's a 318is coupe with about
45,000 miles on it. Driving over bumps in the road with the driver's
(right-hand - I'm in the UK) side window open, bumps are registered with a
'tinkling' sound that sounds like - well, something loose. My bro's 318is
had exactly the same symptom when the car was less than a year old and it
was fixed under warranty; I don't know if it was caused by the traditional
e36 Rear Shock Tower Syndrome - for which I believe there is a recall - I
never did find out what the problem was. My car is now over 3 years old, so
I may have to fork out if a recall does not cover labour.

Can anyone confirm what the problem is and if BMW will cover the cost of
repair (or only make a contribution if the car is older)?

Thanks

Andrew
'95 318is.