re: <E30> Blower resistor

Kevin,

The blower motor is located in the firewall of the engine compartment. I
am not sure if the M3 is identical to the 325, but here goes:

There is a wiring harness held in with two 9mm plastic bolts. Take the
bolts off and move the harness out of the way. You might have to cut a
tie somewhere on either side of the rail that is bolted on. You should
be able to see a section of the firewall in the center with two screws
on each side. I think these are 6mm screws. Also lift up the rubber
stripping above that section. You should be able to move that section
out of the way.

The blower motor assembly...there are two straps. Undo them and you may
need to cut the little secondary strap to move them out of the way. The
cover should pop off with a little maneuvering. The resistor pack is
right in the middle of the blower. It will pull right out. I managed to
clean mine and put it back in...it worked for a couple of weeks and then
I had to mess with it again. Do it right the first time. Also, check the
main fuse panel. When my resistor pack went out, it took the fuse with
it!

- -Aziz
BMW CCA #145895
'89 325i