[E36M3] Synthetic Oil

Learned something new from my BMW dealers service manager.
My 98 M3 is ready for its first oil change.  I called to find out what
weight synthetic I should buy and he told me BMW changed to synthetic a
year
ago for all cars covered by the "free" maintenance program.  They
automatically put in synthetic oil.  He also said this will be true for all
99 models regardless of whether they're covered by the "free" maintenance
program.
Maybe you all knew this but it was news to me.  I was ready to buy Mobil 1
from Wal Mart on their $2.99 per quart special.
Bob Smith
West Hills, CA
CCA # 22252 (L.A. & S.D. Chapters)
95 540i 6-spd - heavily Dinanized