AirBag Light

>From: Michael Hill <mhill@domain.elided>
>Subject: Air bag idiot light
>
>I'm left with a permanently lit air bag fault light as a result of
>installing a Schroth harness in my 97 m3 this morning.  I've checked all
>the electrical connections under the seats etc to no avail.  Any ideas
>where to look?

Eyah. You set a fault code by turning on your key while the seats were
disconnected from their wiring harnesses.  Turn the radio on while doing
the install?  BINGO. Der's your problem.

If the light stays on....you haveta go get it reset at the dealer. If the
light goes out after 90 to 120 seconds then your passenger side seat wires
are not hooked up correctly.  You can't reset a fault code yourself....has
to go on the dealer' 'puter.

Airbags will still work - they will just deploy full force.

Duane Collie