<E28/all?> aargh - blown relief relay ??

While loooking under the shift boot on my car today I noticed an
electrical connector that was un-connected.  I had noticed it before but
for some reason in a flash of stupidity I connected it.
(I think it may have had something to do with the previous owner's
hard-wired cell phone & radar detector.)

When I stopped to get out of the car the windows would not roll up.  I
then thought to check the fuses - the fuse for the windows & a whole
bunch of other stuff (lower left corner of the fuse box) was blown.  I
replaced it, but still no windows, tach, etc.

I know there's the handy window circuit breaker under the I/P and it
would seem to make sense that it was connected to the relief relay.  the
relay was a bit warm when I checked it.  The relay is part# 0 332 014
454 - I hopefully can swap it out and be good to go.  I'm on the prowl
for a fellow BMW driver tonight to try to get the windows up.

I also have to get the windows back up since the little plastic tool in
the kit just cracked & is not going to turn the window motor - anyone
know if a dealer would have a more robust tool (metal perhaps) that
would turn the motor ??

Ben Keyes
E28 M5
2 windows down, no tach, no garage, hopefully no rain.
sharked, BL/SS on the way, new exhaust waiting.
P'fest II bound