Re: 525i

>While looking at 325's, I came across a 525i, it is a 92 with 56,000
miles on
>it. The car appears to be very clean except for some stone chips on
the front
>corner of the hood... Any known pro's or cons..with the 2.5 liter I
believe
>that it has 189hp, the 3.5 has 208hp, is there going to be a major
power
>difference?

The 2.5ltr is going be more sluggish off the line.  Once the revs
climb, the power difference is less noticeable.

>Anything special to look for? they are asking $20, but said they
would part
>with it for $18.

Assuming that it is "extra clean", my copy of the blackbook has it
listed at $15,425..   The copy I have is two months old, so the value
will be a little less..  $17,000 would be a more than fair price for
the car..

Later,

Jason McCowan
National Capital Chapter