Re: <WOB> Directory of mailing list members - explaination andapology

At 01:43 PM 8/28/98 -0400, Chris Glass wrote:
>As a result, I've received numerous  inquiries from bmw-digest
>subscribers about being included in that directory, or obtaining a copy of
>it.  I was not trying to create a member's directory for the bmw-digest, as
>I have neither the resources nor Richard Welty's permission to do so.  My
>effort was on behalf of a _much_ smaller list (less than 100 members).

well, you don't need my permission for such a project -- you simply need
the permission of the list members that you want to include in your directory.

such directories have existed in the past. i don't know what the status of
these projects might be these days.

richard