Rec for SF Bay Area Dealership

     A recent request asked for a recommendation of good dealers for
     service in the SF Bay Area.

     After having terrible service at Weatherford (see John Goddard's
     post earlier this week describing my experiences), I went to BMW
     SF for my first "free" service/oil change at 9,900 miles (yes, I
     didn't wait to change the oil!) and for a few other items.  I am
     happy to report that the service and attitude was excellent: no
     waiting, work completed before the promise time, they honored my
     request not to wash the car and provided a free cab ride to the
     office (no shuttle).  They also have a nice showroom with lots of
     cars and BMW motorcycles as well as a few historic BMW bikes, a
     CS "Batmobile" race car, a clean 2800CS, Isetta, etc.

     Hope this is helpful.

     Kurt Hoofnagle